ODROID-C2 is a 64-bit quad-core single board computer(SBC) that is one
of the most cost-effective 64bit development boards available in the ARM
world. It can function as a home theater set-top box, a general purpose
computer for web browsing, gaming and socializing, a compact tool for
college or office work, a prototyping device for hardware tinkering, a
controller for home automation, a workstation for software development,
and much more.
Some of the modern operating systems that run on the ODROID-C2
are Ubuntu, Android, ARCHLinux, Debian, with thousands of free
open-source software packages available. The ODROID-C2 is an ARM device
-- the most advanced architecture for mobile devices and embedded 64-bit
computing. The ARM processor’s small size, reduced complexity and low
power consumption makes it very suitable for miniaturized devices such
as wearables and embedded controllers.
* Amlogic ARM® Cortex®-A53(ARMv8) 1.5Ghz quad core CPUs
* Mali™-450 GPU (3 Pixel-processors + 2 Vertex shader processors)
* 2Gbyte DDR3 SDRAM
* Gigabit Ethernet
* HDMI 2.0 4K/60Hz display
* H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU
* 40pin GPIOs + 7pin I2S
* eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage slot / UHS-1 SDR50 MicroSD Card slot
* USB 2.0 Host x 4, USB OTG x 1 (power + data capable)
* Infrared(IR) Receiver
* Ubuntu 16.04 or Android 6.0 Marshmallow based on Kernel 3.14LTS
* The manufacturer guarantees the production of C2 to the end of 2019, but expect to continue production long after.
* An additional MicroSD card or an eMMC module is required to install the OS.The manufacturer
recommends the eMMC module as it has much higher performance than standard MicroSD cards.
* Remove the Jumper on J1, if you don't use the USB OTG port as a power input.
It will reduce the power consumption and heat significantly.
Communications & Networking, Wireless, Hobby & Education, Consumer Electronics